Oil-less fryers have been all the rage for a few years now and the Lidl supermarket has taken the opportunity to launch several models on the market over the last few seasons.
In mifreidorasinaceaceite we have followed the evolution of the same and we analyze the advantages and disadvantages of each device.
In addition, as they are usually sold out quickly, we propose you similar or even the same alternatives in other brands so you can get yours.
➤ Lidl Oil Free Fryer 2021
Recently the brand has released your latest modelthat you could buy online but it sold out in the first few days. Here we show you the characteristics of this model and we propose you an alternative in exactly the same way:
If you want to know everything about it, in our review of the oil-less deep fryer Innsky we tell you everything you need to know about it.
▷ Features Lidl oil-less deep fryer 2021
Let's take a look at the highlights of the latest offer, which was priced at 99 euros.
Capacity and Accessories
The design is different from what is usual in this type of fryer, normally with a drawer or top cover, and is similar to a small tabletop oven with its transparent door.
The total interior capacity reaches 10 litres and offers many possibilities with the accessories it comes with: Trays normal and grid, basket potato turner or similar, rustidor for large meats such as poultry and a Kebab set with 8 small skewers.
It is a system that is more versatile than the drawer ones or the revolving ones with top lid as it allows to cook in a more suitable way each type of food.
1800 watts of power
Its 1800 watts of power also outperform that of other devicesalthough the capacity/watt ratio is similar to other models.
The resistor is located in the upper part and is used for a convection fan to distribute the heat inside. In any case, the trays in the upper zone will receive more heat and it would not be superfluous to have a lower resistance, as other brands have.
The combination of grill, fan and the various accessories allows for many opportunitiesfrom roasting, dehydrating, toasting, frying, heating, etc.. so you can say it's a 9 in 1.
The fryer incorporates a complete digital control with LED touch screen which allows you to select up to 10 pre-recorded programs or adjust the time and temperature to your liking. It also has a button to activate the turning system, as it is not necessary if you only use trays.
The LED display provides information on the temperature and programmed time for our recipe. The operation is simple and offers everything you need to have everything under control.
The exterior dimensions of the device are approximately 33.6 centimetres high by 33.6 centimetres wide by 36.9 centimetres deep. The exterior is made of PVC finished in black and the whole set weighs approximately 3.5 kilos.
When to buy the Lidl oil-less fryer?
It is difficult to have an answer to this question as Lidl does not sell its oil-free fryer on a permanent basis, so the only way to get hold of one is to keep an eye on the TV adverts and the special offers catalogues it launches every month.
We also recommend that if you find the offer, you go to Lidl first thing in the morning as it is a product that usually has few units on sale and are sold out quite quickly, so buying the Silvercrest fryer from Lidl is not an easy task.
Anyway, we have already mentioned that there are alternatives and if you do not want to wait, the one we put below is a very similar option for both features and price:
➤ Lidl Oil Free Fryer 2018
The year 2018 Lidl continued to bet on fryers with hot air technology, and did so with a new model that substantially improved the characteristics of its predecessor, but also increased the price to almost a hundred euros. Let's look at the specifications of the said device.
▷ Silvercrest SHFR 1450 A1 Deep Fryer with Rotation
This new appliance has little or nothing to do with the first healthy fryer in the supermarket, both in design and performance:
- PriceThe selling price of this model in Spanish supermarkets is 99 euros.
- DesignThis fryer is available in white and is designed with a glass top lid that lets you see the food. The size is quite compact, weighing 4.37 kilos and measuring 31x25x48 centimetres.
- CapacityThe SHFR 1450 A1 has a capacity of 2.5 litres, which would be suitable for approximately 4 servings.
- PowerThe maximum power provided by this model is 1450 watts and we can regulate the temperature between 60 and 240 degrees centigrade.
- CleaningThe fryer comes with removable, dishwasher-safe non-stick elements.
- Special FeaturesThis fryer has a rotating paddle that removes the food automatically, the possibility of cooking on two levels, a digital control with LCD display and 5 preset programs and timer up to 60 minutes with automatic shut-off.
- Accessories includedIn addition to the fryer, lidl includes the double-height rack, a trivet, the removable handle, a spoon for the oil, the manual in Spanish and a recipe booklet.
▷ Healthy Fryer Video 2018
➤ Silvercrest Oil Free Fryer 2017
In 2017 Lidl offered the drawer model of the brand silvercrest for 69.90 euros, considerably lowering the price of the best brands. When this appliance became popular, many other brands with similar prices came out, such as the Aicok oil-less fryer which is a supercentas or those of the house Princess.
- Dietary fryer that allows you to cook with a single...
- Exceptional results in all recipes thanks to the...
- Programmable in time and temperature; cooks up to 400 grams...
▷ Outstanding Features silvercrest deep fryer
- DesignThe Silvercrest Fryer is available in white with black details. It is designed with a drawer system, usual in these appliances, with a removable basket with a cool-touch handle. This way you can take out the food as soon as you finish cooking it, and serve it hot.
- CapacitySilvercrest brand declares that its Hot Air Fryer has an approximate capacity of 2.3 liters. Surely when you read this you've stayed like us, not knowing why it is approximate or how much food you can cook, 🙂. Surely you prefer to know approximately how many diners it is designed for. Well, the size of this model in principle is not suitable for families, since it can prepare the normal amount of food for two people.
- PowerThe Lidl oil-less fryer is equipped with a 1650W grill heating element. This power should be enough to get good results, provided that the hot air circulation is well designed. The power of the resistance we can regulate it to our liking between 80 and 200 degrees Celsius with an analog thermostat.
- CleaningHot air fryers have the advantage of being cleaner than normal models, as they do not cause so many smells and splashes. Cooking with little oil also prevents the appliance from getting so dirty. In addition to the advantages of this system, the silvercrest model is dishwasher safe. This is a great advantage, as it saves us time and work when cooking.
- TemperatureFor ease of use and so you don't need to keep an eye on the fryer, it incorporates a 30-minute timer with automatic shut-off.
- UsesLidl says it is a multifunction fryer, because different foods can be cooked. Although this is normal for oil-less fryers, the brand names a few in its brochure: Potatoes, Fish Fingers, Cupcakes, Meat, Nuggets, Chicken.
➤ Opinion Mifreidorasinaceaceite
In our opinion, the first oil-less fryer in the supermarket was an appliance with a large value for money. It had the minimum essential features and a reasonable price.
The 2018 model improved its features, but the price also increased considerably and there are cheaper options on the market, as you can see on our website. In any case, the improvements are very interesting and we still find it a device with good value for money.
In the 2020 version the evolution has been considerable and the appliance has nothing to do with the previous offers from the supermarket. Although it is still sold under the name of fryer, there is no doubt that it is much more than that and as we have already mentioned, it looks more like a very complete mini tabletop oven. As usual in the German chain, the product has good value for money and proof of this is how quickly it sold out.
▷ 3 Year Warranty
The mandatory warranty in Spain for new products is two years, however the Lidl oil-less fryer offers an extra year. So you'll enjoy three years in total, which is a nice bonus.
▷ Disadvantages Lidl Supermarket Air Fryer
Although it is generally a device with good specifications, there are some disadvantages that often arise when buying this type of device in the supermarket chain:
- Low availability and that it is not for sale all year round.
- They don't usually sell spare parts that might be needed if one of the accessories breaks down.